AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course ID#000W2125596 7/29/21 & 7/30/21
Time & Location
About the Event
AWHONN’s Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring Course is a two-day Instructor-led educational experience taught at locations across the U.S. The course is presented to over 15,000 clinicians a year and may be used as a competency assessment to validate the knowledge and skills of perinatal clinicians who use fetal monitoring. The course includes a post test to assess learner knowledge.
The course can be used to support preparation for certification examinations.
The information included and the skills presented include:
- Maternal and fetal physiology
- Interpretation of fetal and uterine monitor tracings
- Evaluation of auscultated fetal heart sounds
- Performance of Leopold’s Maneuvers
- Placement of fetal spiral electrodes and intrauterine pressure catheters
- Evaluation of and strategies for enhancing communication
AWHONN’s Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring Course is an excellent interdisciplinary course for perinatal registered nurses and physicians. This course assumes the learner has previously completed entry-level/basic fetal monitoring education. It is designed for perinatal clinicians who use fetal heart monitoring in the intrapartum setting.
Fees $250 for course instructor fee for the course. Separately, upon registration, students will receive the AWHONN course ID for this course. Students are required to go to https://awhonn.kendallhunt.com/ and purchase the $120 Intermediate Course Student pack. ISBN #: 9781524933654. Students should also purchase the accompanying course textbook (in either e book or print) entitled Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles & Practices 5th edition. It is the primary reference for course preparation. The book is a value resource even after the program for you and your colleagues. The book includes information about:
- Physiologic basis for fetal and uterine monitoring
- Interpretation of fetal heart and uterine patterns
- Physiologic interventions for fetal tracing characteristics and patterns
- Assessment of fetal oxygenation and acid-base status
- Antenatal testing methods
- Clinical communication and documentation
To obtain 18 contact hours of CNE and 15.25 hours of CME, participants must attend the entire course and complete an online feedback form.
- AWHONN Int. Fetal Monitoring$250$2500$0